Psalm 90:14
"The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

About Me

I am a very blessed gal. The Lord gave me the opportunity to attend/complete graduate school in Speech-Language Pathology. He has now opened the door to a great job in a new town working with the geriatric population. There has been a few bumps in the road; however, I'm confident that He has big plans and will work out the details in time. Excited to see what He has up his sleeve next. Ephesians 3:20 "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lumberjack

Random thought for the day: What would it be like to be a lumberjack? 


For the reals. I want to know. Not really sure how the thought originated....but maybe because I have been searching for a good plant that I can't kill? Lumberjack.....plants....both deal with vegetation, right? Sometimes a connection can't be made....but I think I'm onto something good here. 


Using my resources I somewhat researched the topic. So if the opportunity arrises I will be ready for it. It's actually pretty interesting. Seriously. Who knew that "Lumberjack Day" actually exists! Get excited peeps. September 26th. 


Talk Like a Lumberjack Day,
Eat Like a Lumberjack Day,
Attack Wooden Objects Like a Lumberjack Day,
and Today’s Awesome Because You Totally Don’t Have to Bath Day

I even found celebration suggestions. I need to throw a party. 
  1. Pay for things as if the money is Canadian. Works best if you are in Canada, but is much more funny and illegal if you are not. 
  2. Grow a manly beard. 
  3. Knock things over all day yelling TIIIIIIIMBER.
  4. Dress in your best plaid flannel, boots, and suspenders.
  5. Bring as many axes as you can carry to work.
  6. Go out for pancakes/waffles with all of your friends or dress like a pancake/waffle and lose all of your friends.
I then proceeded to find my celebratory outfit. I figure the 'grow a beard' suggestion would be a little overkill so I found this fantastic piece instead. Problem solved. 













To-do list for September 26th: 
Wear Plaid.
Carry an ax.
Eat pancakes.

1 comment: