"Voraciously"
Most can tell by my vocab that I don't technically have a new "word" everyday. Even though it might be pretty legit if I did. BUT I was reading an AOL article today about this "proud cheapskate" grandma who left 4.5 million to her town when she passed....when I stumbled across my word [aka voracious]. Apparently she was "very simple but very kind and giving" and "read Barron's/Wall Street Journal voraciously."
Sometimes you just can't get enough of something....and one might not want to say "I just can't get enough of ________." Bam. One word. Straight to the point. Voracious. Congrats to you "voracious" you made the word of the day!
For those who don't feel the need to utilize cool resources like dictionary.com...I did it for you :)
vo·ra·cious (vô-rshs, v-) adj.
1. Consuming or eager to consume great amounts of food; ravenous.
2. Having or marked by an insatiable appetite for an activity or pursuit.
Please take note. My word of the day is definition #2...personally the first definition grosses me out.
Anywho, that g-ma couldn't get enough of Wall Street Journal....probably why she rocked the stock market and had so much money-honey.
Blah, blah, blah.... here is what I took away from this:
- Live voraciously for Jesus [aka don't be satisfied with the place you are at....constantly pursue Him more].
- Become a stock market junky and read Wall Street Journal.
- Be a cool grandma living the simple life [who rocks sweet hats]. No, the article didn't say this cool g-ma rocked sweet hats....but I'm sure she did. And while on the topic....I feel that wearing them should be a prerequisite to being a cool g-ma.
- Apparently to become a grandma you need to have kids first...until then the plan is to just find a sweet hat and go to the Kentucky Derby.
Find these hats...


No comments:
Post a Comment