Psalm 90:14
"The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

About Me

I am a very blessed gal. The Lord gave me the opportunity to attend/complete graduate school in Speech-Language Pathology. He has now opened the door to a great job in a new town working with the geriatric population. There has been a few bumps in the road; however, I'm confident that He has big plans and will work out the details in time. Excited to see what He has up his sleeve next. Ephesians 3:20 "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Props Men

So this blog is a shout out to men. I have recently experienced some of your so called manly responsibilities and have decided I will gladly let you keep them. 

First. Physical labor.

Dirt. Oil. Sweat....I recently experienced all of these in a new way. The past few years these words have been associated with laying out by the pool. Yes, dirt (thanks to Lubbock winds). Today they have new meaning.  It was "spend time at work with the bf day." I got to get ready in 10 minutes, wore his official work shirt, ate breakfast on the fly, and everything. The original plan was to see what a 'day at work' looked like for him. The keyword is 'see.' I was going to mostly sit in the truck and as he would say it "look pretty." I got bored super fast though and ended up learning all sorts of new things. Ok. Mostly what tool in the bed of the truck was 'what.' I handed tools up to them on the pumping unit and watched them do the real work.

Official work shirt 
Second. Date requests.

I decided it was a good idea to reverse the roles and take Casey on a date. Plans/pickup/drop off.... all my responsibility for the night. You think of a creative date and a special way to ask. All the prep is complete and the delivery is made. Since it was done by letter the waiting game begins (live and learn). Reply/no reply? Positive response/negative response? If it's a 'yes' will the date/time work with their schedule? All these factors to consider. Hello. No thanks.


I haven't fully bought into the "this is a women's job" or "this is a man's job"; however, there are a few things I will gladly handover to the male.

1 comment:

  1. so cute :) come to work with me! i will top that work shirt with a lab coat and some super d-duper safety glasses! yes? and then you can take me on a date...miss you hott stuff

    ReplyDelete