Psalm 90:14
"The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

About Me

I am a very blessed gal. The Lord gave me the opportunity to attend/complete graduate school in Speech-Language Pathology. He has now opened the door to a great job in a new town working with the geriatric population. There has been a few bumps in the road; however, I'm confident that He has big plans and will work out the details in time. Excited to see what He has up his sleeve next. Ephesians 3:20 "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thankful Days

Check me out. Another list? I think yes. I'm obsessed.

Every day since the beginning of this month I've added to this post AND then day 6'ish the Sunday message presented a challenge: "For the rest of the month, I want to challenge us to live with radical thankfulness." Hello awesome. The pastor asked that we DAILY ask the Spirit to fill/empower us to be thankful in all things AND to verbalize it to those around us....

Today I'm THANKFUL for:

11/1/11 (I'm loving the digits in today's date).
The excited about life ATT rep who totally made my day with her good spirits/service. I'm pretty positive she was more stoked about my new phone than I was :)

11/2/11
Amazing email from a sweet friend about the possibility of going to another country and being used as a speech pathologist!! It's officially added to the prayer list.

11/3/11
New found hair dresser who lives in the same town! I'm branching out of the comfort zone. I've driven at least 100 miles for the past 6 years for my hair. Whoa.

11/4/11
For warm indoor spaces to put my cute patio plants when COLD fronts blow in!? Seriously I'm not allowed to kill (or in this case freeze) another plant.

11/5/11
Strong coffee and good tennis shoes. Extremely necessary for 10+ hour days at work. Oh and funny commentary from my patients that shake up the day.

11/6/11
Meeting a new friend from a LEGIT place (...like Alaska cool).
Hanging out with little ones because life is always a party in their eyes.

11/7/11
Comfort found in scriptures.

11/8/11
Wii dance sessions and late-night hangouts with new friends.

11/9/11
My amazing mother... Today's totally her birthday.
Random phone date with grandma at lunch to break up a long day.

11/10/11
Hilarious texts.
Subway steak sandwich. Literally the bomb.com.

11/11/11 
Finally a shorter day at work and a road trip home to see fam!

11/12/11
The randomness time in the car with my family brings (aka obnoxiously loud sing-a-longs and rounds of Madlibs) AND Tech games (even though they haven't exactly shown up this season).

11/13/11
Rearranging/redecorating rooms with sweet auction/antique finds.


11/14/11
Waking up energetic and excited about a Monday.


11/15/11
Good, stress relieving run with co-worker.

11/16/11
Hot chocolate and warm showers.
Google.

11/17/11
Celebrating another year with Grandma :)
Ridiculously random commercials.

11/18/11
Sporadic road trips.


11/19/11
Sweet IKEA finds.
Shopping with the sis!

11/20/11
Having a job that doesn't require me to work Sundays.

11/21/11 
Short work weeks. Seriously the best.

11/22/11
DIY projects.
Sweet friendships that have developed the past few months.
Thanksgiving celebrations with the fam.




We've been trained to be discontent....it's my goal to live (not only in the month of November but every day) a life of gratitude. If a thankful heart is the foundation for God's abundant life....that's what I'm going to strive to have. Life kicks my butt sometimes but I will learn to be thankful in all situations.




No comments:

Post a Comment