Psalm 90:14
"The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

About Me

I am a very blessed gal. The Lord gave me the opportunity to attend/complete graduate school in Speech-Language Pathology. He has now opened the door to a great job in a new town working with the geriatric population. There has been a few bumps in the road; however, I'm confident that He has big plans and will work out the details in time. Excited to see what He has up his sleeve next. Ephesians 3:20 "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Big Girl

After all the interviews and all the wondering where I'll be in a few months.....a decision has finally been made. The big-girl job is in place and time is flying by! I will be finishing school in 5 weeks and starting the job in about 10. Wake up call? I think yes. A little part inside of me wants to freak out. It's not so much just one thing in particular but the combination of it all.

Hello NEW stuff:

  • Full time job. 
  • Town. Hello. I don't even know where to get my oil changed now. 
  • Different church. 
  • Apartment/covered parking. Call me spoiled but I'm used to coming home to a house/garage.
  • Roads. This is problematic for the directionally challenged. I'll most likely become bff with my Garmin the next few months. 
  • Grocery stores. 
  • Gym.  

I've officially started Googling just about everything imaginable to become more familiar with this place. For the reals. Who knew there are 33 songs containing "Abilene." I could become a member of the Zoo (not sure why on earth I'd ever want to do this but I could if I wanted too). I could smoke cigars at The Leaf (apparently the couches are comfortable there). I could attend the Skate Park at no cost (12,000 sq. feet of lighted concrete....what more could a girl want?).


All this change is a little overwhelming; however, I feel good about the decision made. The Lord kept this door open for a reason and I'm excited to see where it leads. He is good. So good.

No comments:

Post a Comment