Psalm 90:14
"The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

About Me

I am a very blessed gal. The Lord gave me the opportunity to attend/complete graduate school in Speech-Language Pathology. He has now opened the door to a great job in a new town working with the geriatric population. There has been a few bumps in the road; however, I'm confident that He has big plans and will work out the details in time. Excited to see what He has up his sleeve next. Ephesians 3:20 "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Thursday, August 25, 2011

List it.

A sweet friend gave me the idea to create a list (one of my many)..."101 things (or less) in 1001 days." I have several bucket lists started but this new list has an established deadline. A little off topic but speaking of 'buckets'....check out this awesome rustic one! 

 


Excuse the length of this post. It's mainly for me to keep track of my random personal goals. It's officially documented so maybe I'll have better follow-through. Feel free to skim or skip all together :) 


Plain - to do
Bold - Achieved
Italicized - In progress

1.    Cook/Bake something for someone random
2.      Learn to ice a cupcake like those on Cupcake Wars. 
3.      Keep my plants alive. (still living as of today anyway...)
4.      Keep up with my daily devotions. 
5.   Drink at least 48 oz water each day. 
6.      Meet someone new. 
7.      Find good random restaurant. 
8.      Pray for my clients weekly and for improvements. 
9.   Snap a new photo each week. 
10. Celebrate successes however small they might be. 

11.  Leave at least one night a week completely unplanned each week
12.  Plan a girls night out/in at least once every two weeks. 
13.  Study up on SLP topics each week to stay up to date. 
14.  Find something new to be thankful for each day. 
15.  Phone family/friend each week. 
16.  Take a random weekend road trip. 
17.  Order takeout. 
18.  Cook a REAL meal for one at least once a week. (I'm getting good at eating randomness)
19.  Go white water rafting. 
20.  Visit a friend.

21.  Complete a DIY project at least once a month. 
22.  Purchase fab fall shoes. 
23.  Find rockin' gold jewelry. 
24.  Fix something around house (instead of calling maintenance...simply to feel handier).  
25.  Purchase outdoor rug.
26.  Leave bed unmade at least once every month (to reduce my OCD ways). 
27.  Improve closet organization.
28.  Finish decorating fireplace and move to next project. 
29.   Find perfect patio chairs. 
30.  Go vegetarian for 1 month (I'm stealing this one from you Meagan!) 

31.  Find a hairdresser in the same town. 
32.  Purchase front door rug (to replace the carpet slab my dad placed outside).
33.  Be excited about workout at least 5 days a week.  
34.  Take my vitamins everyday for a month. 
35.  Learn to cook veggies a new/unique way. 
36.  Find awesome fresh flowering sticks for my sweet glass vase. 
37.  Reduce unnecessary spending within budget and save more than originally planned for at least 3 months. 
38.  Enhance swallowing/MBS skills
39.  Consult with mentors in my field to become a better SLP
40.  Train for another race (at least 5K).

41.   Keep car clean inside/out consistently for month. 
42.  Find perfect purse. 
43.  Send several “just because” gifts every month.
44.  Keep hair healthier (less drying/straightening/damaging)
45.  Find new/cute/easy way to style hair for work
46.  Take dance class
47.  Eat bacon and waffles and love every minute of it. 
48.  Visit 2 new cities/states. 
49.  Dance in the rain. Pray for rain. Always say thanks for rain. 
50.  Take a picture worth printing on a canvas. 

51.  Skydive
52. Find a good church. 
53. Get majority of my CEU's before December. 
54. Start AND finish a few good books. 
55. Recycle more. Create less trash. Summed up: be green.   
56.  Be more patient. 
57. Complete online journal post at least once a week.  
58. Purchase non-tech t-shirts. 
59. Find the perfect travel coffee mug.
60. Plan fantastic camping trip (hike, outdoors, s'mores...the whole nine-yards). 

61. Watch more news and be better informed. 
62. Repel/rock climb.
63. Hit golf balls off top of random building (first figuring out how to complete without being destructive). 
64. Four-wheeling trip. 
65. Purchase basketball/football tickets to a good game.
66. Drink less coffee. 
67.  Compliment someone random. 
68. Make conversation with someone random while out and about. 
69. Visit Lake Tahoe. 
70. Purchase Ice cream maker and make make some home-made goodness. 


71. Couponing....straight-up sounds awesome and budget friendly
72. Photography....want to take classes to master my current lens so I can justify purchasing a new one :)
73. Cooking...I figure I've reached an age where its unacceptable not to do this well. I've got the basics. I want to move onto recipes with more than 3 ingredients. Ha.
74. Sewing can go on the list. I refuse to knit (hello grandma). I'm talking sewing machine style
75. Antiquing ...if that's a word.
76. Pay for strangers meal at restaurant (i.e., someone eating alone). 
77.  Get concealed handgun license. 
78.  Shoot a moving target..don't trip..like an animal.
79.  
80.


I'm working on the rest....



No comments:

Post a Comment