Psalm 90:14
"The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

About Me

I am a very blessed gal. The Lord gave me the opportunity to attend/complete graduate school in Speech-Language Pathology. He has now opened the door to a great job in a new town working with the geriatric population. There has been a few bumps in the road; however, I'm confident that He has big plans and will work out the details in time. Excited to see what He has up his sleeve next. Ephesians 3:20 "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Makeover

I've pretty much changed my mind on the placement of most everything in my apartment since I moved in. I go back and forth and still am not completely loving all aspects of my new space. So I decided to get some organization up in this joint. I'm breaking it up into sections....starting with the fireplace.  It's straight up bare, black-black-black, and needing a major makeover. My goal is "Rustic Chic."

It's like a black hole..
IDEAS:
Love the "chic" elements in my inspirational pic (below) but mainly the oversized glass vase with fresh sticks/flowers. I finally found a great vase at the Hob Lob and am now only lacking the fresh goodness to rock it.



A mantle is a must....so I'm incorporating my "Rustic" element with this sweet shelf from the Pier. Thanks to my awesome sis.  


An art piece is needed because everything seems to disappear in my black-hole of a fireplace. This is my main challenge. Requirements: chic, find joy looking up at it, non-girly, dramatic, splash of color. My top pick so far....




No comments:

Post a Comment