I wouldn't normally put this long of something quoted in my blog because I've totally been on the other side of that....and seriously it's not always the funnest thing to read. I would like to consider it my blog [aka my own words not someone elses] BUT today I'm making an exception. PLUS I love me some good quotes :) Read it, don't read it, whatev!
Rick Warren is a pretty cool dude. During an interview he talked about his wife now having cancer and he discusses some of his views about life. Some of the following quotes of his were totally thought provoking and legit.
"God is more interested in your character than your comfort; God is more interested in making your life holy than He is in making your life happy."
"We can be reasonably happy here on earth, but that's not the goal of life. The goal is to grow in character, in Christ likeness."
"Rather than life being hills and valleys, I believe that it's kind of like two rails on a railroad track, and at all times you have something good and something bad in your life... And no matter how bad things are in your life, there is always something good you can thank God for."
"When I get up in the morning, I sit on the side of my bed and say, God, if I don't get anything else done today, I want to know You more and love You better. God didn't put me on earth just to fulfill a to-do list. He's more interested in what I am than what I do. That's why we're called human beings, not human doings."
No comments:
Post a Comment