Psalm 90:14
"The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

About Me

I am a very blessed gal. The Lord gave me the opportunity to attend/complete graduate school in Speech-Language Pathology. He has now opened the door to a great job in a new town working with the geriatric population. There has been a few bumps in the road; however, I'm confident that He has big plans and will work out the details in time. Excited to see what He has up his sleeve next. Ephesians 3:20 "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wedding Tips

So the sis was Beautiful on her Big day and ended up pulling off a super fab wedding. Props. We now have an additional member to the fam. I mean he was pretty much already a part of it but now we can officially add another dinning room chair to the table and purchase another Christmas stocking for the mantle. Whoop!

The list of things that went just perfect on the wedding day is super long so instead of going on and on about the "Do's".... I compiled a list of "Do Not's" when planning. Just for the record I'm not a pessimist :)

No particular order...

Don't rent suits from Jim and don't get measured at Bealls. They claim to be "America's Most Trusted Tuxedo Source." Jim lies. They did arrive on time but majority didn't fit correctly. Yes, one of the groomsman's shirts was made for a 'midg' (the sleeves below are not rolled or scrunched...just unbelievably short).


Candy bars at weddings can be a total 'win' but wearing a candy wrapper dress and dancing to 'Sugar, sugar' is a little much.

Don't pay extra money to have the girls hair done. My 9 year old cousin and I have been practicing. She would probably volunteer her services for free and does an amazing job!


Place someone (other than the bride) in charge of the details.....like making sure the song the bride walks down the aisle to is in proper hands before the ceremony begins. This will keep people from going into crazy mode15 minutes before...not that I know from experience. Ha. Or at least be ok with making a grand entrance to a cool alternative like "Ice, Ice baby" or "Bringing Sexy back"(one of the songs available on the first ipod in reach). 

No comments:

Post a Comment