Psalm 90:14
"The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

About Me

I am a very blessed gal. The Lord gave me the opportunity to attend/complete graduate school in Speech-Language Pathology. He has now opened the door to a great job in a new town working with the geriatric population. There has been a few bumps in the road; however, I'm confident that He has big plans and will work out the details in time. Excited to see what He has up his sleeve next. Ephesians 3:20 "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Thursday, May 27, 2010

R & R baby!

No I'm not going military on you....even though it would be pretty legit if I did considering it's like Memorial Day weekend. R & R like "Religion & Relationship" not like "Rest & Relaxation"... 

You found two words that have been around for forever...Go me! Not an awesome discovery, I know. The words are thrown around all the time. But I started asking myself what the words actually mean and what is the difference. If I sat here long enough I could generate a pretty simple definition but the coffee hasn't kicked in yet. I'll use my resources. Thank you dictionary.com...

Religion- a specific fundamental set of beliefs/practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects.
Relationship- a connection, association, or involvement.

If I wore glasses [yes, a fragment...it's my blog...don't judge]. Which I have always secretly wished my vision wasn't great so I could wear them. Tap on wood. "Tap" not "knock"... because if my vision quality decreased and I needed glasses....I wouldn't be that upset. Anywho, if I wore glasses and you were looking through them....this is how you would view it.

Viewing God as a set of rules to follow is religion. Viewing God on a more intimate/personal level is relationship. A little off topic....but maybe even better than "relationship" is "kinship." My handy-dandy dictionary.com says, "kinship generally denotes common descent and implies a more intimate connection than relationship."

Jesus suffered for us so we could have a more direct way to connect with God. I think that when you have more relationship than religion you become more comfortable with God. I have a mental picture of the people that I LOVE to be around. Conversation is easy and everything can just hang out.  It's comfy. It's great! We should be able to have a comfortable relationship with God. Love to be around Him. Conversation easy. Everything hanging out. Still respectful but comfy. He desires for us to have that comfy relationship with him. It's Great!  

To-do list:
1. Buy these sweet Prada cat eye glasses [non prescription, of course]
2. Become a librarian so I can more easily justify wearing fake glasses.
3. Buy vintage sunglasses from http://www.giantvintage.com/

1 comment:

  1. very nice! i was thinking too...you know how when you suffer through something with someone or they share something intimate with you and it makes it easier to open up to them...it's kind of that same way with Jesus...he chose to suffer with us (well more FOR us..but) thus making it easier to relate and have that kinship you are talking of...hmmm...just a thought I had while reading...love the blog and the pics! you are adorable my friend :)
    love ya, b

    ReplyDelete