Psalm 90:14
"The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

About Me

I am a very blessed gal. The Lord gave me the opportunity to attend/complete graduate school in Speech-Language Pathology. He has now opened the door to a great job in a new town working with the geriatric population. There has been a few bumps in the road; however, I'm confident that He has big plans and will work out the details in time. Excited to see what He has up his sleeve next. Ephesians 3:20 "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

De-stressing

Going by my planner...I've been totally off task the last 3 hours of my life. Quick summary: baked MINI bundt cakes while wearing my fun apron and blogged (Which I can justify spending time on because my handout says to have an outlet like journaling). According to my clinic lecture today, I am in the "danger zone" with stress and "to survive" I need to make some changes. So I think I am justified in my off task-ness :) 

Stressed? I'll share my handy little tips I received [<--- my thought process everytime I type or write that word: /i/ before /e/ except after /c/].  

  1. Breathe deeply

  2. Stretch. Try yoga or tai chai .......Picking up karate sounds way more exciting. Black belt? I think yes.

  3. Exercise

  4. Take a warm bath......preferably with Mr. Bubbles and Pandora.

  5. Eat healthfully

  6. Get a massage.....I'm pretty pumped that I can now justify this one. Thank you grad school.

  7. Let it all out: Laugh, Cry, Sing, Talk.....I think mostly laugh. "Enjoying a few laughs every day couldn't hurt, and our research suggests that it might help your heart health."

  8. Have guilt-free fun.....AKA go to Spoonful and eat some awesomeness.

  9. Hang out with people who you can relax with.

  10. Lots of Jesus time.....yes, I added this one. My professor might have received a hug if she would've put it on the handout herself.  
To-do list:
Go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment