Psalm 90:14
"The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

About Me

I am a very blessed gal. The Lord gave me the opportunity to attend/complete graduate school in Speech-Language Pathology. He has now opened the door to a great job in a new town working with the geriatric population. There has been a few bumps in the road; however, I'm confident that He has big plans and will work out the details in time. Excited to see what He has up his sleeve next. Ephesians 3:20 "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Powerful Words.

Gosh....I love hymns. They remind me of my church back home and growing up.....but also it brings it back to the basics. I am less distracted by the various instruments or special effects. It is just me and the words. Maybe it's just me and I am an undiagnosed case of ADD? But I think (at some point) we all get distracted. I was reading the words to an old hymn and they are so powerful! 


“My hope is built on nothing less, Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.

I dare not trust the sweetest frame, But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name.

On Christ the solid Rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand. 

When darkness seems to hide His face, I rest on His unchanging grace.

In every high and stormy gale, My anchor holds within the veil. His oath,

His covenant, His blood, Support me in the whelming flood.

When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my Hope and Stay.

When He shall come with trumpet sound, Oh may I then in Him be found.

Dressed in His righteousness alone, Faultless to stand before the

 
throne. On Christ the solid Rock I stand, All other ground is sinking

 
sand; All other ground is sinking sand.”

Reminders:
  • I've placed my HOPE in something so much bigger and better than anything this world has to offer!
  • I have no reason not to trust him WHOLLY.
  • When other things in my life are unstable and inconsistent....He is SOLID and UNCHANGING.
  • He is my ANCHOR, SUPPORT, my ALL.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment