Psalm 90:14
"The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

About Me

I am a very blessed gal. The Lord gave me the opportunity to attend/complete graduate school in Speech-Language Pathology. He has now opened the door to a great job in a new town working with the geriatric population. There has been a few bumps in the road; however, I'm confident that He has big plans and will work out the details in time. Excited to see what He has up his sleeve next. Ephesians 3:20 "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Monday, April 5, 2010

Hurley

This is Hurley. One of my mom's many class pets. He is super cool.

I decided today that I might need a guinea pig. I don't particulary like things that shed BUT maybe they can breed me a hairless guinea?? It wouldn't be nearly as cute without hair but it has to be cuter than a hairless cat.

Yup that is a hairless cat with a tattoo. My window on getting a tattoo has pretty much closed...but pets don't really have 'windows' so why not? And yes. If I find a hairless guinea I will strongly consider getting it a tatt.

Here is the research.... [thank you grad school for teaching me how]:
  • The guinea pig is commonly called the Cavy.
  • These animals are not pigs, nor do they come from Guinea.
  • Competitive breeding of guinea pigs have been formed worldwide, and many specialized breeds of guinea pig, with varying coat colors and compositions, are cultivated by breeders.
  • According to the 2006 Guinness Book of Records the longest living guinea pig survived 14 years, 10.5 months

Summary: I don't even have to think of a name for this thing...I'll just call it Cavy. I dont' really like pigs so it was a relief to find out it's not really a pig. They breed all sorts so there is hope in finding a hairless guinea!! It could live up to 14 years so I wouldn't have to look for another pet until I'm like 37....Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment