Psalm 90:14
"The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all your heart and soul and so you may live!"

About Me

I am a very blessed gal. The Lord gave me the opportunity to attend/complete graduate school in Speech-Language Pathology. He has now opened the door to a great job in a new town working with the geriatric population. There has been a few bumps in the road; however, I'm confident that He has big plans and will work out the details in time. Excited to see what He has up his sleeve next. Ephesians 3:20 "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."

Friday, April 16, 2010

The Floods

The rain has thrown off my routine the past few days but it has been surprisingly refreshing! It does make all the difference in the world whether or not you are prepared for the floods though....because in LBK....it floods.


Reasons 1:
I was able to pull out my sweet rain coat and boots! Which is probably the reason I justified jumping in a few puddles on the way to work. Note to self: rain boots only protect the lower half of the leg, not the entire thing. Bring a change of clothes or wait until after work to decide to jump in big puddles.

Reason 2:
The smell before and after a rain is great!

Reason 3:
It doesn't happen very often that it is appropriate to make appearances in public looking like a 'drowned rat.' I'm looking ridiculous and actually loving every minute.

Reason 4:
You don't have to pay for a car wash....hello. This idea isn't original. On my way home from work yesterday, there was  a lady outside in the pouring rain (holding an umbrella) with a towel, scrubbing her car down. I wanted to pull over and give her a hug for being so Green! 

Reason 5:
You see awesome pops of color throughout the day (aka umbrellas). I would love to snap a picture but I'm a little nervous to bring the camera in the rain. I'll just find someone who was brave enough and buy their print. PS. Guys who carry umbrellas are totally cool in my book.


To-do list:
  1. Trash your last-minute, $15, 'midg' umbrella purchase from Walgreens. It maybe covers 1/4 of your body...defeating the purpose of an umbrella.
  2. Buy the cute, big umbrella you have wanted at Target for like a year now.
  3. Buy a poodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment